Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Consistency

I am going to shamelessly steal an idea for a post from a reader.  He wrote to give me a bit of blogging advice, that I needed to find a rhythm, or stride, when it comes to posting.  That if I keep posting sporadically I will lose the interest of some of my readers.

I don't know how others do it, ensure that they have something to post each day, or even every other day.  I write when the mood strikes, when I have an idea, and when I have time.  I haven't been able to figure out yet how to put any of that on a schedule.  Especially since all of this is on the "down low".  I certainly can't take time away from my wife in the evening to write here, or time away at work.  Usually, I find a little time early in the morning when everyone else is still asleep.

I've said it before, this blog is for me.  It's my way of working through shit.  But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't care if any one read it.  I am guilty of stressing over the stats, wondering how I can get my numbers up, worrying why more people aren't commenting.  I'd love to have the popularity of Scott or TGK.  And maybe in time, I will.  For now, I will do what I can to keep myself from dwelling on it, and to keep this personal.  I am sure that I will find my stride, eventually.

That being said, if you've got something to say to me, please say it!  Comment, email, whatever, I want to hear from YOU.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, don't sweat it. I don't know how others do it, but if you have a blogger profile, and you use it when "following" a blog, it show up on your blog list.

    Look, I can see the blogs you follow on the right hand side of the page.

    The blog on the top has the newest post, and second one has the second newest post.

    I check by blog list every day, and catch up on everyone that has posted.

    If you post, I'll read it. If you don't obviously I won't. I'm not gonna take you off the list unless you start posting uninteresting drivel. Then, it's bye bye bi guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uninteresting drivel? I surely hope not! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you said - this blog is about you. When I first started blogging I was checking my stats all the time. Honestly - that gets old. You'll stop paying attention to that in due time. I think blogs tend to have a life of their own, and they evolve over time.

    Sure - you want to write things appropriate to your audience, but don't get caught trying to come up with something to please your readers. Let your blog define your audience, not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete