Thursday, September 8, 2011

Can I resist?

To test my resolve, I've resisted opening the Grindr app on my smartphone.  So far I've made it THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!  lol.

How long can I go without a bunch of
headless torsos?
I've mentioned before that I think I've become somewhat of a Grindr addict.  Not that every time I start the app, I'm looking for a hookup.  But, obviously, my hookups have been facilitated by the app.  So, let's see how long I can go without.  I can't bring myself to actually uninstall it, that's just asking too much.  But I have been able ignore it, even if just for  a little while.

I'm still reading craigslist posting though, because those are just too damned entertaining!  I haven't hooked up via craigslist, and don't plan on it.  But quite often, daily, I come across a posting that just makes me laugh.

I'm still keeping in contact with M, I'm not willing to give that up yet either.

So, that's my big sacrifice, no more Grindr.  lol  At least for now.  Anyone willing to take bets on how long I can hold out?

12 comments:

  1. That torso shot you posted is just fuckin sic! Makes me wonder what his face looks like - could his face be as good as the rest of him? lol

    hottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quiet easy for me to just say fuck it and not even bother to look...but every few days, curiosity does creep up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your going to hold out much longer. That pic you posted has got to make you hot to check on Grindr. hal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering how all the "married str8/bi" guys keep the little lady from finding the grindr app on your phone? Seems like you could get into a shit load of trouble to me. Talk about getting caught with your hand in the grindr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 1:53, that is funny. But, I'll bet Jay's wife trusts him. There is no resson for her to look on his phone. His business, not hers. That's how I've always been.

    hottie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's true hottie. But, Anon @ 1:53, I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve as well. The app is password protected. So even if she found it, she couldn't open it. And the app icon is hidden, can only be found in one spot.

    She'd have to be really looking for it to find it. And if she's really looking for it, then I am already in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you hide an icon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Jay school me a lil here. How do I do that exactly? Is it all your apps that are password protected? Or just that one? And how do you hide the icon? Help a married brother out, I've been dying to try grindr, but I'm worried about someone seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Droid X. What kind of phone do you have? Email me, bctln209@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jay, you've got a tutorial side business going here! lol

    hottie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jay, Maybe the tutorial side business will provide some new hookups. hal

    ReplyDelete